The Community and Our Kids
At Bethany Ballard, we believe the following to be true of all children:
- They are uniquely created and deeply loved by God.
- They have a specific role in our church and broader community.
- They are able to grasp spiritual truths and develop a personal, genuine faith from a very young age.
We have a Children’s Ministry comprised of staff and volunteers who will teach your children age-appropriate, theologically sound content in a safe environment surrounded by their peers each Sunday morning during our service. Elementary age children will participate in the beginning portion of the adult worship service because we believe there is immense value in all ages worshiping together.
Questions? Contact our Director of Families, Carrie Thayer.
Children’s Ministries on Sunday
Children are a welcome and integral part of our community at Bethany Ballard! The nursery is open beginning at 8:45am. Elementary-age children join the adult service for the beginning portion of worship and are then dismissed to their classes to engage in faith-forming, developmentally appropriate content and activities.
The following Children's Ministry classes are available at our 9:30am service on Sundays:
- Nursery (0–35 months)
- Preschool–Kindergarten (3-5 years)
- Elementary 1st–5th grades - Our elementary-age kids participate in worship and then will be dismissed to their classroom.
If you feel your child is better suited to a class different than his or her age group, please see the Children Ministry staff on Sunday morning–we're happy to find the best fit for you and your family!